What are AMRAPs and what are the benefits of them?
AMRAP stands for 'as many rounds as possible'.
The goal of an AMRAP is to complete as many rounds of all the exercises in the given timeframe. i.e. If there's 3 exercises for 10 minutes, keep cycling through each exercise for the full 10 minutes, only taking rest when you need to. In this example, after you've completed the 3rd exercise hit the + button to keep check of the amount of rounds you've completed.
Doing high intensity circuits such as these have similar endurance benefits as running or biking for an hour or more a day. Not only that, but it works your entire body and not just focuses on one area such as your legs, arms or core. You'll improve strength and conditioning and start to shape a lean and mean physique in shorter time. Here are some other benefits:
- Destroys fat and can build lean muscle.
- Great self measurement of progress. See how many rounds you complete each time you try it.
- Amazing for your fitness levels.
- Improves strength, flexibility and conditioning.
- Can be done almost anywhere, requiring little to no equipment.